PI, Expanding Computing Education Pathways (ECEP) Alliance
Professor of Computer Science, Georgia Institute of Technology
Director, Computing Outreach and Senior Research Scientist, Georgia Institute of Technology
CS EDUCATION ORGANIZATION(S)
CS Task force - Pamela Smith
KEY ECEP-SUPPORTED ACTIVITIES
- In 2013, piloted Project Rise Up 4 CS to increase the number of African-American high school students who pass the Advanced Placement (AP) Computer Science (CS) A exam in Georgia. This project has been replicated at 3 other institutions thanks to a Google RISE grant.
- IN 2014, piloted Sisters Rise Up 4 CS to increase the number of female high school students who pass the AP CS A exam in Georgia.
- Ran 12 summer computing camps and weekend workshops reaching more than 1,200 students.
- Offered 5 professional development opportunities, attended by 73 teachers.
- Gathered 2- and 4-year college faculty and staff for the University System of Georgia Transfer Summit.